Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Update: Day 2

So just so you know, the read-a-thon is going well. I don't know if I will get all the books I wanted to read done, but I am trying my best.

Yesterday I re-read Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. I have been re-reading all her books and found that The Truth About Forever (although it's great) is not my favorite book of hers anymore. I am very much in love with This Lullaby and Keeping the Moon.

I also read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer. Sue me, I like the Twilight series. I really enjoyed this novella and it got me to enjoy Meyer's Twilight series again. Because a lot of times (or maybe it's just me) you hear comments about something that change your opinion. I feel like that happened with Twilight (also the first movie- which sucked!), but now that I've read that book I began to remember her writing and really enjoyed it.

Today I went to the library because well, I can. I got a bunch of books for my four year old brother whom I am trying to get to fall in love with books. (It's working splendidly by the way) He never goes to bed without a story and was so excited at the library today. We got a bunch of Spongebob Squarepants books, Winnie the Pooh books, and a book that I heard was good by a booktuber, Viridian Reads on Youtube. That book is The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. She said it was a great book and it's the present she always gives to people for baby showers, so I thought I would try it out and see. I'm excited.

Anyway, I guess you want to know what I got today. I got The Sisterhood and the Traveling Pants trilogy by Anne Brashares. It's a summer trilogy and I heard a lot of good things about these books. I am really excited. I also got Paper Towns by John Green which is the only John Green book I haven't read yet. I am really really excited about this one, because who doesn't love John Green?

So that's what's going on and I hope to finish all those library books by the end of the read-a-thon. I don't know, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I am going to try.

-Marleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment